A learning guide to get you started with PowerShell DSC.
About This Book
- Create flexible and maintainable deployments using DSC configuration scripts that stand the test of time.
- Explore the core architecture, concepts, and practices in depth.
- Learning PowerShell DSC is a step-by-step guide that shows you how to start using and taking advantage of PowerShell DSC along with configuring and deploying applications.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator, developer, or engineer and are responsible for configuration management and automation, then this book is for you. IT professionals who wish to learn PowerShell Desired State Configuration for the efficient management, configuration, and deployment of systems will also find this book useful.
What You Will Learn
- Explore PowerShell Desired State Configuration and activities around it, including the need for configuration management and abstraction.
- Create reusable DSC configurations and debug/ troubleshoot configuration files.
- Learn about the PowerShell DSC architecture with the help of push-and-pull management and workflows.
- Define DSC configuration scripts and data files and push DSC configuration files remotely and locally.
- Validate DSC Pull Server install and register target nodes with a DSC Pull Server.
- Learn about DSC Cross Platform and install PowerShell on Linux and macOS along with real-life DSC uses and different types of deployment.
The main goal of this book is to teach you to configure, deploy, and manage your system using the new features of PowerShell v5/v6 DSC.
This book begins with the basics of PowerShell Desired State Configuration, covering its architecture and components. It familiarizes you with the set of Windows PowerShell language extensions and new ...