Publication Date: June 30, 2018
Binding: Kobo eBook
This guide will show you how to reinvigorate your library's volunteer program using your community as a resource.
• Helps readers to better understand the motivations of today's volunteers and design meaningful volunteer opportunities
• Explains how to more successfully select potential volunteers and match them to your library's needs
• Shows to deal with the two most common barriers to the success of a library volunteer program: union issues and staff resistance
• Introduces exciting new trends in volunteer engagement
• Provides lists of resources to draw upon in running your volunteer program