Publication Date: March 01, 2019
Binding: Kobo eBook
This creative guidebook teaches librarians in diverse communities how to develop and implement early learning programming beyond traditional storytimes.
• Connects library programs to parents' desire for children to begin formal learning at an early age
• Offers a blueprint for making play a sustainable early-learning program series for budgets big and small
• Includes ideas for making early learning activities relevant to the six early literacy skills in a public library setting
• Emphasizes how library programming can support early childhood development and prepare children for success in kindergarten and beyond
• Shares tips for marketing the program to parents and caregivers