Publisher: LinkUp Publishing
Publication Date: February 01, 2019
Binding: Kobo eBook
If you are about to write your first book, you may not know what you don't know. To find out, begin by asking questions—the right questions. In this little e-book, you will find 8 important questions you should ask yourself Before You Write Your Book:
**1. Where can I find help? **(Besides my friends and family?) If you are starting from scratch, there are five places to turn for assistance—an online course, a ghostwriter, a book coach, a good editor, or books on how to write a book.
2. What resources are available? (And where can I find them?) There are hundreds of resources online—authors' websites and blogs; professional associations; print, digital, and audiobooks; online or face-to-face courses; writers' magazines; and social media groups.
3. What should I know before I begin? (And how do I find the answers?) You should know why you want to write your book, what's holding you back, and what you need to make it happen.
**4. What is my central idea? **(And how do I know if it's a good one?) If someone asks you what your book is about, can you tell him in a single sentence? That is your central idea.
5. Who is my ideal reader? (And where do I find this person?) Your book is not for everyone; it is for a particular kind of reader you can describe and visualize it as you write.
6. What are the competitive titles? (How is my book different or better?) You may think your book is the best one out there on your subject, but you can't be sure if you haven't checked out the competition.
7. What are my publishing options? (Which one should I choose?) Between the big five publishing houses and a quick-copy shop, there is a range of publishing options to choose from.
8. How do I market my book? (Where should I start?) Marketing is knowing what you are trying to achieve, three ways to do it, ...