Publisher: John R Wald III
Publication Date: February 11, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
A Guide to International Church Ministry: Pastoring a Parade explores the unique dynamics of international churches. In a diverse congregation with many nationalities, denominational perspectives, and continual turnover, pastors and leaders face distinct challenges. Drawing on the experience of 24 international church pastors and leaders, this guide gives practical insights about how these dynamics affect daily life and ministry. It will encourage people who are involved in international church ministry and help inspire others to consider this rich and rewarding ministry.
- Benefits of international churches
- Challenges of pastoring an international church
- What makes a good international church pastor
- How the unique dynamics of international church affect:
- member care
- and more
- Lessons for churches in the US
This book will be especially helpful to:
- those who are active in the leadership of international church ministry
- those who are exploring the possibility of international church ministry
- those who serve on a board of an international church
- national churches who want to be open to the diversity of their community
- mission agencies who want to see how international churches can help overseas workers and their families to have longer and more effective terms
Jack Wald has served as pastor of Rabat International Church, in the capital city of Morocco, for sixteen years.
Here is what some international church pastors are saying:
Louwrens Scheepers, former pastor of an international church in Fez, Morocco
If I had this guide in my hands before coming to Morocco, it would have made our transition ...