Publisher: Music Sales Limited
Publication Date: December 22, 2017
Binding: Kobo eBook
The Essential Late Romantic Collection is a sumptuous selection of the very best Keyboard music of the late Romantic era by composers ranging from Tchaikovsky to Fauré and beyond, all presented in one superb volume for intermediate solo Piano.
The music of the Romantic era is characterised by progressive innovations in both tonal and formal expression. The works of Debussy, Tchaikovsky and Faure have become essential repertoire for any serious Piano student, forever pushing the boundaries of diatonic harmony, timing and texture into evermore complex worlds of emotion. Elsewhere you'll even find the very first hints of Jazz in the African/American sounds of Joplin's Ragtime classics.
Every piece in this anthology is rich in heritage and familiar to the ears of music lovers the world over. Take this opportunity to transform your repertoire - the music has been expertly adapted to appeal to the intermediate soloist whilst retaining all the beauty and character of the original works. There's simply no better way to discover the music of the masters.
- Accelerations Waltz (Op.234) [J. Strauss Ii]
- Adagietto (From Symphony No.5) [Mahler]
- Agnus Dei [Fauré]
- Allegretto (From Symphony No.3 In F) [Brahms]
- Anitra’s Dance [Grieg]
- Après Un Rêve [Fauré]
- Arabesque No.1 [Debussy]
- Chanson De Matin [Elgar]
- Chinese Dance [Tchaikovsky]
- Chorus Of The Hebrew Slaves [Verdi]
- Clair De Lune [Debussy]
- Démand Et Reponse [Coleridge Taylor]
- Dies Irae [Verdi]
- Emperor Waltz [J. Strauss Ii]
- The Entertainer [Joplin]
- Gymnopédie No.1 [Satie]
- Humoresque, Op.101, No.7 [Dvovrák]
- Hungarian Dance (In G Minor) [Brahms]
- In Paradisum [Fauré]
- Jerusalem [Parry]
- Largo [Dvovrák]
- Locus Iste [Bruckner]
- Love Theme (From Romeo And ...