This second edition of the best-selling, comprehensive handbook The Essential Guide to Business for Artists and Designers will appeal to a wide range of artists, makers, designers, and photographers looking to set up and establish an arts practice or design business within the visual arts and creative industries.
With fully revised content, three new chapters, and profiles of contemporary artists and designers from around the world, this guide leads the reader through the most important aspects of setting up and growing a profitable enterprise.
Providing the vital knowledge and tools to develop a vision and achieve business growth, topics include-
- Building networks and successful negotiation tactics
- Promoting an engaging social media presence
- Business planning and money management
- Overview of legal, tax and intellectual property issues
- Setting up a website and trading online
- Exploiting innovation and future trends
As well as specially tailored enterprise exercises and useful diagrams, this latest edition features apt quotations and indispensable resources including an extensive glossary and a list of key professional bodies and organisations based in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and South America.
This handbook is printed in a dyslexic-friendly font and includes new illustrated mind maps and colour pictures throughout.