The Art of Understanding Art reveals to students and other readers new and meaningful ways of developing personal ideas and opinions about art and how to express them with confidence.
- Offers an inquiry—unique among introductory art texts—into the learning process of understanding and appreciating art
- Examines the multiple issues and processes essential to making, analyzing and evaluating art
- Uses cross-cultural examples to help readers develop comprehensive, yet personal, ways of looking at and thinking about art
- Includes an annotated glossary of the 'Art World', institutions and individuals that play a role in defining art as well as diagrams, textboxes callouts and other visual elements to highlight information and enhance learning
- Richly illustrated with over 40 images
- Suggests innovative class assignments and projects useful for developing lesson plans, and offers an online companion site for additional illustrations and information