Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
Publication Date: September 27, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
The Toilet-Training Book Your Pediatrician Recommends
How will I know when my child is ready? How can I handle bedwetting and other accidents? What’s the best way to make this a positive experience for both of us?
Helping your child through the toilet-training process may be one of your greatest challenges as a parent. And when it comes to this important developmental stage, every child is unique. If you’ve been confused by conflicting information from friends, relatives—even other books—here is expert advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the organization representing the nation’s finest pediatricians.
Gathering invaluable input and suggestions from a wide range of parents on their experiences with toilet training their children, this revised and updated edition answers parents’ most frequently asked questions and concerns including:
• Finding the right developmental moment to start toilet training your child
• Handling the inevitable accidents in positive ways
• Dealing with bedwetting, resistance, and constipation
• Choosing the techniques that will work best for your child
• Addressing the challenges children with special needs face
• Tailoring your training for boys, girls, even twins
• Determining if medication is needed—and the latest on prescription options
The American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Toilet Training is an essential resource for parents who want the best advice for themselves and the best experience for their children.