Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with guidance from the most trusted name in coding education! From bestselling author Carol J. Buck, Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition is a practical, easy-to-use resource that shows you exactly how to code using all current coding sets. Practice exercises follow each ‘step’ of information to reinforce your understanding of important concepts. In-depth coverage includes reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding, with an Evolve website that includes 30-day access to TruCode® Encoder Essentials. No other text so thoroughly covers all coding sets in one source!
- 30-day access to TruCode® Encoder Essentials and practice exercises on the Evolve companion website provide additional practice and help you understand how to utilize an encoder product.
- A step-by-step approach makes it easier to build skills and remember the material.
- Over 475 illustrations include medical procedures and conditions to help you understand the services being coded.
- Real-world coding reports (cleared of any confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Dual coding includes answers for both ICD-10 and ICD-9 for every exercise, chapter review, and workbook question to help you ease into the full use of ICD-10.
- Exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce coding rules and concepts, and emphasize key information.
- From the Trenches, Coding Shots, Stop!, Caution!, Check This Out!, and CMS Rules boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Four coding-question variations develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills, including ...