Publisher: Scion Publishing
Publication Date: September 30, 2013
Binding: Kobo eBook
"The book assumes a basic knowledge but is written in a clear jargon-free way, with detailed examples given throughout... I would recommend this book to anyone entering the world of General Practice or indeed interested in consolidating their knowledge." Ulster Medical Journal, 2015;**84(2):**134-135
Highly commended in the Primary Healthcare category of the 2014 BMA Medical Book awards!
Most general practices are businesses of quite significant size and yet many GPs are not clear on what the detail of their practice accounts really means. If you have ever found yourself confused by:
* a balance sheet
* capital accounts
* profit-sharing ratios
then Practice Accounts Made Easy will help.
It will also help you to understand how practices are paid:
* the make-up of payments for a practice medical services contract
* the mechanisms for claims and payments
* property and other reimbursements
Furthermore, as an individual GP it will tell you about:
* how you pay your tax and how it might appear in the practice accounts
* tax deductible expenses
* the differences between being employed and self-employed for tax purposes
* joining and leaving a practice
* buying a share in the surgery premises
* forming a limited company for tax purposes
* pensions and superannuation
This is a book for all those confused by accounting terminology, from GP registrars to GP principals.