Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Publication Date: December 25, 2015
Binding: Kobo eBook
“New Education is a path, where people can explore and walk ahead….It is also an adventure.” —Zhu Yongxin
A pioneering leader of New Education in China, Professor Zhu Yongxin has watched the seeds of his educational dream take root and flourish all across the nation. In this invaluable collection of essays, he offers his personal, year-by-year reflections on the remarkable success of New Education, starting with its introduction in 2002 through its rapid growth across provinces, to its ongoing vision for China’s future. The book includes:
* An inspiring chronology of New Education’s achievements, from 2002 to the present
* Specific actions that educators can do to provide new tools for our teachers, new innovations for our schools, and new opportunities for our students
* A celebration of the New Education journey—and the scholars, educators, and leaders who are making it happen
In the year 2000, Professor Zhu Yongxin published his landmark book, My Vision on Education—and a new vision of education was born. In 2002, a school in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China quietly introduced New Education into their classrooms and curriculum. By 2014, New Education had taken root in more than two-thousand schools in twenty-nine provinces, becoming China’s largest nongovernmental educational experiment.
In this brilliantly observed collection of essays, Yongxin takes readers on a fascinating journey through time, mapping out the rapid growth and incredible success of New Education in China—year by year, teacher by teacher, student by student.
* Someone Has to Polish the Stars (2002-2003)
* Make a Pot of Stone Soup (2004-2005)
* Write the Legends of Life (2006-2007)
* Believe in Time, Believe in Seeds (2008-2009
* Take Actions and You Will Have Gains; Insist and There Will Be Miracles (2010-2011)
* The Celebration Is On The Road ...