Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Publication Date: December 25, 2015
Binding: Kobo eBook
“Education is a process of inheritance and innovation. Hence, it is important for China to research and learn from educational experiences in other countries.” —Zhu Yongxin
One of China’s most renowned scholars, Professor Zhu Yongxin has been at the forefront of educational experiment, innovation, and academic achievement. In this enlightening collection of essays, he shares his observations and reflections on the educational advances in countries throughout the world. Exploring both classic traditions and modern reforms, here and abroad, Yongxin provides a rich tapestry of ideas and initiatives which can help us move forward in the new education of China. The book includes:
* In-depth comparisons of the educational systems in China, Europe, North and South America, Africa, India, and other parts of Asia
* Notes from Yongxin’s travels abroad, featuring a wide range of schools, universities, and academic thought leaders
* The evolution of educational traditions throughout history—and the transformation of academic methods across the globe
* An educational strategy for China that combines the best of all possible worlds
“As an old Chinese saying goes, stones from other hills may serve to polish the jade of this one.” With these simple but profound words, Professor Zhu Yongxin invites us on a whirlwind journey through the world of education--a side-by-side, country-by-country comparison of the teaching styles, philosophies, and organizational models that are transforming schools across the globe. Yongxin’s travels and studies provide both a window to these worlds and a mirror to China’s educational development. It is essential reading for anyone interested in the future of our schools, our people, and our nation.
* Beautiful Sakura: Education Tours to Japan
* Passionate Samba: Impression of Education in South America
* The Fairy Tale World: An Investigation into European ...