The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this tranquil and picturesque region.
Visit the magnificent Ch teau de Chambord, take a wine and cheese tour around Sancerre, enjoy the lively atmosphere of medieval Tours or be amazed at the giant mechanical creatures at Les Machines de l'Ile in Nantes- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Loire Valley with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Loire Valley-
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Loire Valley, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations detail famous sights such as the impressive Cathedrale de Notre-Dame in Chartres, the extraordinary Abbaye de Fontevraud in Anjou, the beautiful Ch teau de Chenonceau and more
- Colour photographs of the region's bustling cities, picturesque towns and pretty rural villages, elegant ch teaux and their landscaped gardens, lush vineyards and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Anjou; Touraine; Blesois and Orleanais; Berry; North of the Loire; Loire-Atlantique and the Vendee; and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience- beautiful ch teaux, historic churches and abbeys, famous writers and artists, winemaking and vineyards, pleasant river, traditional festivals including unique son et lumi re, local cuisine and more
- Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information.