Publication Date: January 27, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
This concise encyclopedia examines headwear around the world, from ancient times to the modern era, comprising entries that address cultural significance, religion, historical events, geography, demographic and ethnic issues, fashion, and contemporary trends.
• Vividly documents the fundamental human experience and universal practice of adorning the head
• Highlights the global community and cultural linkages of headwear function, material, and style
• Directly relates hats to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, usage, and form
• Enables greater understanding of human diversity throughout time by tracing the development of headgear
• Provides dozens of sidebars to pique reader interest and offer short, witty, funny, or pertinent content