Publication Date: May 18, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
Written by established and emerging leaders in a broad array of disciplines, this two-volume set provides undergraduate and graduate students, scholars, professionals, and policymakers with an overview of the field of aging that examines the social landscape as well as key changes, challenges, and solutions.
• Provides an up-to-date, multidisciplinary, and forward-thinking look at the key areas and issues in gerontology
• Highlights links between topics and relevant demographic, social, economic, and health trends with implications for immediate and long-range work in aging
• Includes contributions from experts in the fields of sociology, psychology, medicine, education, politics, and government
• Identifies the key changes, challenges, and solutions in each subfield
• Includes an appendix containing lists of descriptions and contact information for aging organizations as well as an annotated list of documentaries about aging