Publisher: Berkeley Books
Publication Date: January 01, 2015
Availability: 7-14 Days
Please note this is the time it takes for stock to reach our warehouse. Please allow a few extra days for delivery.
In Cool Japan Guide comic book artist and food blogger Abby Denson— along with her husband Matt, friend Yuuko, and their sidekick, Kitty Sweet Tooth—takes you on a graphic tour everywhere from high-energy urban streets to peaceful Zen gardens and Shinto shrines. Cool Japan Guide shows you:
• A whole world of great food—fast and slow, sweet and savory, indoor and
outdoor—and where to find it
• Otaku street culture (the world of manga, video games, cosplay, and maid and butler cafes is even bigger than you think!), including a manga market where hoards of artists show and sell their creative wares
• A complete shopping experience, from konbini (not your run-of-the-mill convenience store!) to depato (department stores with that extra something) and everything in-between
• Manga festivals—some of them world-famous and larger-than-life
• And lots of other places to go and things to see, like parks, traditional art forms and a tourist thrill or two
There’s even a section on preparing for your trip and getting ready to return home. With so much to see and do, let this experienced visitor and avid Japanophile show you all the things you have to try at least once. Whether you’re ready to hop a plane, or just want to know (it’s the best armchair trip you’ll ever take), this fun and colorful book will be your indispensable guide.
Tanoyaku, Toyoko Inn’s in-room magazine (1,300,000 monthly readers) will feature an excerpt from Abby Denson’s Cool Japan Guide in their August 2017 issue
“Heading to Japan soon? Or just want to reminisce about those halcyon days when you were wondering among the cherry blossoms with a can of chu-hai in hand? Whether you’re heading out to Tokyo as an exchange student or p