Publication Date: January 27, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
This in-depth historical analysis highlights the enormous contributions of Chinese Americans to the professions, politics, and popular culture of America, from the 19th century through the present day.
• Highlights the distinctive roles that Chinese Americans have added to the fabric of American life
• Illustrates the experience of Chinese Americans with discrimination, resistance, and assimilation
• Considers the émigrés of the Sinophone diaspora with entries on Cambodian-Chinese and Vietnamese-Chinese Americans
• Offers a selection of fascinating primary documents that enrich the reader's experience
• Reveals the problems that Chinese American women faced with the passage of the 1882 Exclusion Act