Create real-world enterprise solutions with NAV, Cloud, and the Microsoft stack
About This Book
- Integrate NAV with various offerings of the Microsoft stack to create enterprise-ready and service-oriented solutions
- Use Power BI and Universal Windows Platform for effective data analysis and real-time tracking with NAV
- Discover the services offered by Microsoft Azure and implement them in different industries using real-world case scenarios
Who This Book Is For
This book is for NAV developers and solution architects who need to implement real-world enterprise solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Knowledge of the NAV programming language (C/AL) and C# language is recommended. Knowledge of ASP.NET and Visual Studio development would help, but is not necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Configure NAV Web Services and create external applications with Visual Studio, .NET, and .NET Core
- Solve technical architectural problems by implementing enterprise solutions with NAV
- Develop applications and solutions with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and the Microsoft technology stack
- Create a Power BI dashboard for rich reporting and NAV data analysis
- Find out how to transmit your device location from a UWP application to NAV in order to implement a distributed solution for managing couriers in a sales company
- Make the most of Microsoft Azure and its services
- Create enterprise solutions with NAV by using Azure App Service
- Use Azure Service Bus for managing distributed NAV applications
Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV in the real world often requires you to integrate the ERP with external applications or solve complex architectural tasks in order to have a final successful project. This book will show you how to extend a Microsoft Dynamics NAV installation to the enterprise world in a practical way.
The book ...