Basic Otorhinolaryngology: A Step-by-Step Learning Guide, Second Edition, is an accessible introduction to the core concepts and potentially complex interrelationships in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery. The fully revised new edition includes latest developments and up-to-date terminology, up-to-date diagnostic and treatment methods, and succinct overviews of important international consensus documents and position papers in the field. The book presents material in an engaging and user-friendly format, with chapters divided into study units that follow a consistent structure. Readers will also find a wealth of figures, tables, and flowcharts to facilitate quick comprehension of topics.
- Completely updated chapters on audiology and vestibular disorders
- New or expanded discussion of olfactory mucosa and disturbances, obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, imaging methods, immunotherapy for allergic rhinitis, Aspergillus sinusitis, ear canal cholesteatoma, peripheral nerve paralysis, and much more
- More than 600 superb full-color photographs, illustrations, and diagrams-many new or improved for this edition-clarify anatomical, operative, and embryological concepts
- Chapters organized into brief study units make learning the material manageable and convenient
- Each study unit begins with a starter outlining objectives for the unit and its relationship to other units and the overall scheme
- Numerous cross-references to other study units enable rapid navigation to relevant areas
- "Knowledge in depth" boxes provide information that goes beyond a basic understanding, such as surgical techniques, historical details, and case examples
- "Points of emphasis" throughout call direct attention to the most pertinent facts
Basic Otorhinolaryngology: A Step-by-Step Learning Guide, Second Edition, is an ...