Publisher: Hatherleigh Press
Series: Backyard Farming
Publication Date: May 24, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
**Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Add Fresh Fruit, Berries, and Nuts to Your table with Your Own Backard Orchard!**
Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts shows you how to add an abundant orchard to your homestead so you can effectively expand your harvest. Covering every topic from preparing the soil for planting, to trimming and pruning the growing trees and bushes, to winterizing your orchard and enjoying your bounty, Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts takes the guesswork out of growing and lets you enjoy the rewards of backyard farming.
Whether you have room for a full orchard, or just a few potted berry bushes, Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts is a comprehensive primer and includes detailed instructions and informative photographs that help ensure your backyard orchard is productive.
With Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts, you will:
• Learn how to grow a wide range of fruits, nuts, and berries in any climate
• Find the planting method that works best for you, your needs, and your available space
• Find out which varieties are easiest for beginners, including tips and tricks for first-time farmers
• Learn how to protect and preserve your harvest
• Discover a variety of delicious recipes using produce from your own fruit trees and bushes
...and many more tips to help you achieve success.
More than ever, people everywhere are making a return to the farming lifestyle: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts is your first big step to joining the growing movement of homemakers looking to a healthier, happier way of life—and it starts right in your own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads.