Solidly grounded in theory and research, but concise and practice-oriented, Adult Learning: Linking Theory and Practice
is perfect for master?s-level students and practitioners alike. Sharan Merriam and Laura Bierema have infused each chapter with practical applications for instruction which will help readers personally relate to the material.
The contents covers:
- Adult Learning in Today?s World
- Traditional Learning Theories
- Self-Directed Learning
- Transformative Learning
- Experience and Learning
- Body and Spirit in Learning
- Motivation and Learning
- The Brain and Cognitive Functioning
- Adult Learning in the Digital Age
- Critical Thinking and Critical Perspectives
- Culture and Context
Discussion questions and activities for reflection are included at the end of each chapter.