Achieving Universal Electricity Access in Indonesia

by Asian Development Bank
rrp $8.90
$8.02
9.9%
OFF
eBook

Publisher: Asian Development Bank

Publication Date: June 16, 2016

ISBN: 9789292572693

Binding: Kobo eBook

Availability: eBook

Get eBook

Indonesia has achieved an impressive 84% electrification ratio, but faces significant challenges in reaching the remaining 16% of its households. This report describes Indonesia’s electrification environment and identifies barriers to achieving universal electricity access. Principles drawn from international best practices such as government commitment, enabling institutional environments, adequate and sustainable financing, and stakeholder coordination are discussed in the context of Indonesia’s energy sector. The report gives recommendations for establishing service standards, streamlining financing, setting appropriate targets, and monitoring and evaluation, as well as near-term steps to help achieve universal electricity access.