The burgeoning field of Medical Esthetics in recent years has led to the need for advanced training in a number of areas. While each state sets the scope of practice for advanced aestheticians, there are twelve treatment areas that are common to advanced practice, such as laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation, photo rejuvenation, tattoo removal and body contouring. A Compendium for Advanced Aesthetics brings together current knowledge and practice for each of the treatments plus essential information on complying with the legal requirements for protecting client privacy under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• safety requirements of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
• role of the compulsory Laser Safety Officer and audit requirements
• career and professional development
• common forms and legal agreements
• tips on finding and landing a position in advanced esthetics and more!