Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
Publication Date: December 29, 2009
Binding: Kobo eBook
In this revolutionary guide, leading nutritionist David Grotto shares everyday foods that will help to remedy health issues large and small.
From headaches to joint pain, acne to anxiety, chronically cold feet to depression, 101 Optimal Life Foods takes on thirty of the most common health issues–and shows you how to introduce healing fare to your diet through delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes. Inside you’ll discover that
• Chocolate, tea, and dried plums reduce the signs of aging skin.
• Combining walnuts and cherries can lead to the best sleep of your life.
• Artichoke leaves bring relief from common stomach ailments.
• Oysters can alleviate the effects of crippling migraines.
• Wasabi helps treat bad breath.
More than twenty-five years of clinical experience have shown Grotto just how powerful food can be in the lives of his patients. Now his individualized meal plans make it easy for you to incorporate healing foods into your own diet, using such tempting recipes as Cherry Zinger Smoothie, Tropical Fruit and Shrimp Gazpacho, and Mediterranean Grilled Bluefish. By combining the most flavorful, nutritious foods in the world with the latest breakthrough research, Grotto will help you become the healthiest you’ve ever been in your life!