Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: August 02, 2016
Binding: Kobo eBook
Have you ever wondered what that 1 outlier would say when you see commercials and products boasting that 9 out of 10 doctors recommend something? Well here’s your answer....
Three doctors explore and explain the least recommended techniques and cures lurking in the darkest corners of medicine through the ages.
Entertaining and informative, (and sometimes just plain gross), 1 Out of 10 Doctors Recommends examines the strangest and most unusual medical practices, including drinking your own urine to fight infection, using live eels to relieve constipation, and licking a patient’s head to diagnose cystic fibrosis. As licensed medical physicians who believe that humor is the best medicine, the authors decode the methods behind the seemingly mad science.
Fascinating examples include:
* the use of bee venom to treat herpes
* infecting yourself with intestinal parasites to relieve allergies
* “natural” ways to make your genitalia larger
* how the insertion of a potato reportedly stops post-delivery bleeding
* the effects of salt pork on a sore throat
* the supposed benefits of “vampire facials”